You are now Leaving MVFCU's Web Site
By clicking CONTINUE below, you will be leaving MVFCU's website and directed to a resource that includes data not hosted on our website.
MVFCU encourages you to review the privacy policies of this and all third party websites. MVFCU is not responsible for any information contained on third party websites, including timeliness, quality or effectiveness of its information, products or services.
This website has been made available as a convenience to you because we believe it may be of some value to your purpose. MVFCU does not endorse the products and services found on this site and they may not be insured by NCUA. Further, the privacy and security policies of the linked site may differ from those practiced by the credit union.
MVFCU Financial Education
Fraud Prevention for Seniors Webinar
This webinar is designed to highlight some of the scams that are targeted specifically for our seniors. Everyone will benefit from knowing how to spot these scams. If you are a Senior, this webinar is designed for you. If you are not a Senior, this webinar is designed to assist you in becoming aware of how to help keep your loved ones safe.
Wednesday, September 19,
» Register here «
Or call Kathy Morris at 379-7910, or email email@example.com
SavvyMoney gives you a personalized game plan for paying off debt. You'll be debt free as much as five times faster than the average consumer.
In just minutes, you will receive a thorough analysis of your financial situation, including powerful tips by leading financial experts to help you control your debt, build a budget, and start living the life you want to live.
What You'll Get:
- A Personalized Debt Payoff Plan
- A Customized Dashboard to track your daily progress
- Financial Advice
You'll also get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Get your free Credit Score and analysis, updated every month. It's always free of charge, no purchase or credit card required.
- See the analysis of your report and compare key factors with others. Keep track of data that matters most in your credit report.
- Looking for a new credit card or loan? We will recommend loans and credit cards that best fit your credit profile.
And the best part is that no payments or credit cards are required, because this is offered to you free of charge through MVFCU!
Tips to Avoid Big Holiday Bills and Jumpstart January 2019 with a bang!
Presented by Kathy Y. Morris, CCUFC
The first rule of money basics when it comes to giving – if you know you are going to overspend before you spend, look for other ways to show your love and generosity. Frame pictures you have taken over the year, design a 2019 calendar and include significant events and birthdays, or send cards with a heartfelt appreciation for their presence in your life and ask them to join you making a good start at financial freedom for 2018! You just might inspire someone!
Here are a few ways to avoid big holiday bills in January 2019.
- For starters make of list of those you want to buy a gift for. Include yourself. Put some ideas next to their name, so you will know what you are looking for before you walk into the store.
- Decide how much you want to spend. This is difficult but must be done! Also, then stick to your budget. Stress-free shopping beats stressful regrets on December 26 any day!
- Consider gifts of time – Help your friend with a project they have been talking about all year. Gifting to others can include our time, energy and skills to help with projects.
- Buy gifts that people actually need. This does require some thought, but it will be worth it.
- If you can, whenever a “three-paycheck-month” comes up, take that money and use that as your budget. Once it’s gone, remove yourself from the shopping premises and step away from the computer. By the way, if November is a three-paycheck-month for you, take advantage, and plan accordingly.
- There is still time to decrease stress for holiday spending. Start putting a little aside into a holiday fund to get you started on the right path towards enjoying the holidays debt and stress-free. Save a specific amount every month and deposit into a separate bank account or hidden envelope. Then the damage won’t be so painful.
MV Financial Literacy Resources:
» Get REAL Financial Reality Fair «
Get REAL is project designed to teach financial literacy to high school students.
» Budgeting Basics «
A short pre-recorded webinar on starting a budget.
Make Thoughtful and Informed Decisions About Your Finances!